You’ll probably be able to tell how happy I am for the day by reading the list of accomplishments. Today there’s more than one.
1. Finished The Fellowship of the Ring. At the same time this makes me sad because I will definitely beat my brother in our reading race (he’s reading part of the Anne of Green Gables series and I’m reading The Lord of the Rings series in order to force ourselves to expand our reading horizons.) Winner gets $100 from the loser. As I’m more concerned with not losing my hundred dollars, this contest does not make me particularly happy, since I have no wish to deprive my brother of $100. Still, I made the bet, and I have no intention of giving up $100, so I guess I’ll have to win.
I think I’ve figured out how the July novel will be written:
1. Grab a random noun or verb generator (or a list of peoples’ words for the year) (This would include oneword.com, but as they only offer one word a day, I need to branch out)
2. Write on that word for 1 minute.
3. Move on to another word OR expand on that one word.
4. (Remember to save the word’s output in Scrivener)
5. Write the characters, year, and main plot point on the index card in Scrivener.
6. At the end of the day, organize things all prettily, draw conclusions, make chapters, etc.
I think it will fit perfectly with the title, Inklings, and also the nature of how this story is coming into being.